Description: This hands on course teaches three self-rescue techniques EVERY CLIMBER SHOULD KNOW! The day will start with brief introductions followed by ground school, lunch, and finishing the day with mock scenario practice. Ground school topics include...
- The why, when, and how for using friction hitches and mechanical rope grabbing devices.
- Simple techniques to unload a weighted rope.
- Ways of creating mechanical advantage to assist your partner up.
Scenario practice will include...
- Transferring a weighted belay. (aka. escaping the system)
- Ascending a rope.
- Counter balance rappels.
Pre-Requisites: Climbers must have working knowledge of belaying, tying in, and partner checks. Climbers should review the munter mule overhand prior to the course. link
Locations and Times:
- June 5th. Table Rock, NC. 8:30am-5pm.
- Date TBD. CCC Fund Raiser at Rocky Face Recreational Area. 9am-4pm**
Number of Participants: 2-4
*All courses must be registered for 7 days prior to the course date. Late registrants are accepted on a case by case basis. Please Email. Additionally, we offer 100% flexible pricing for those who inquire. Please email to inquire on our "Pay What You Can (PWYC)" model and reserve your spot today.
**NOTE: CCC Self-Rescue Fundraiser cost $100 and will be taught at a ratio of 6 participants per instructor. Number of participants will be limited from 2-18.